Monday, January 25, 2010

Haitian Roots- The 100 Miles Cowl


On Saturday I finally had a bit of time to do what I have felt I should do for awhile, I made a pattern where all proceeds go to a charitable organization-Haitian Roots. This is a pattern I was able to knit and design within a day, very easy and very quick. I have it up for sale on Ravelry as the '100 Miles Cowl', and with only a dollar you can help pay for the education of a Haitian Child.

Haitian Roots is based in Ogden Utah, they help to pay for the children of Haiti's education. You can read (and donate!) about it more on their website. A Child's education in Haiti only costs $250 for a year, but it is hard to get a child educated when 90% of the population only makes $100 a year. This program has been around for awhile, and they will be around even after the quake, they are some of the people who are truly working to make Haiti a better place. As long as Haitian Roots is up and running (and I am still designing) all profits from the 100 Miles Cowl Design will go to them.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Chinese Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment